Wednesday, June 17, 2009

THE "Crop-A-Dile"

The craft I made during nap time today is drying and should be ready to finish and photograph for tomorrow . . .

So I wanted to introduce you to my one of my favorite crafting accessories . . . .

The Crop-A-Dile!!!


My Mother-in-law bought this for me as a Christmas gift a few years ago. I had never heard of it before. But I LOVE it. You can find it at Jo-Anns or Michaels stores . . . but I suggest waiting till you have a 40% off coupon since these are about 30 dollars. They have the tool by itself or you can buy a green one that comes with eyelets and other accessories. There's even one called the "Big Bite," but I haven't ventured that far yet.

You can use this amazing tool to punch holes (on the sides of the tool). It has a sliding place marker so that you can rest your paper or fabric on the bar while punching and this way you can make punches at the same distance in from the edge of the paper if you're doing multiples.

At the top, it has different settings for different size eyelets so that you can attach them to the paper. When I was growing up, my mom had a tool set that would set eyelets, but you had to have a hammer and a tool to hold it in place. I always hated it cause sometimes it would squish the eyelet or scrape the color off the metal.

It even has a setting to put in snaps!

Here are a few pics of things I've done with the Crop-A-Dile:







  • I've punched a hole in the center of a paper flower to put an eyelet in so it looks better
  • I've used eyelets to make an envelope in my scrapbook to hold pieces of paper. The eyelets are holding the velum on so I didn't have to glue it
  • I used it to add detail on strips of paper in my scrapbook

1 comment:

  1. Wow! How come you never told us about your new BLOG...If we have a boy I don't think we'll get the dress, but if we have a girl we'll be sure to order! Good luck! It looks like youre off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete