Thursday, July 16, 2009

Carseat belt covers


Ethan's carseat doesn't have strap covers, so they are constantly rubbing on his neck. Especially since he insists on leaning to one side all the time. His infant seat had them, but not the front facing carseat he uses now.

I looked for them at the stores, but only found very ugly ones at Babies R Us and wasn't about to pay $15 for them. So I was very excited to stumble across this tutorial from Make It and Love It. I just bought a fat quarter for 99 cents and a pack of bias tape and velcro using Jo-Ann's 40% off coupons, so all in all, this cost about $4 to make, and I didn't even use half the fabric or velcro. So technically it was less than $4. :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice idea.

    I was searching for something like this, since my girls new seat doesn't come with them either. I think I'll try making them myself :)

    ReplyDelete