Friday, September 25, 2009

Altered Crayon Roll --> Colored Pencil Roll

I altered the measurements again for a crayon roll that I did a few posts back . . . this time it was for the Crayola Twistable Colored Pencils for my niece. They are the same size around as a standard crayon, but taller, so I could pretty much follow the tutorial from Skip to my Lou again, but I just had to make it taller. It was only for 12 pencils instead of 16 crayons, so I didn't need it as long either.

I just measured the pencil length, added about 2 inches or whatever looked good (keeping seam allowances in mind) and then measured where I wanted the pocket to come up to as well. Otherwise it was pretty close to the standard tutorial.

Here's a link to my previous post of the standard crayon roll, and the "large crayon" crayon roll.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! I love the twist kind of crayons! Thanks for sharing..you have cute stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling Blog! Glad I found it.:)

    ReplyDelete