Monday, November 29, 2010

A Late Turkey

. . . but I DID have him made in time for Thanksgiving - just not posted on the blog.

I've seen this idea from Craft Goodies  posted on tons of blogs, but in case you missed it, you can find the tutorial here.  I didn't notice until I was writing this post that the example has the turkey feathers a lot shorter - thus avoiding the large spacing between the feathers - So I think if I made this again, I would shorten the sticks so that they wouldn't show a large gap next time.

I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I find great crafts for a holiday after the holiday is past.  So I don't forget about it, I make it and put it straight into the box.  It makes the holiday next year fun to pull out new decorations I didn't use last year and had forgotten I made.

The fun part was that I already had everything - a scrap piece of 2x4, a paint stick, and the giant popsicle sticks (if you buy the Provo Craft vinyl for your Cricut, it comes with a stick to rub the vinyl on - just save those and you'll have a ton of sticks to use on projects!)

3 comments:

  1. I love him just how he is, he's adorable! Wouldn't change a thing on him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is amazing! I read the complete post. I really like this post. This post is related to turkey feathers a lot shorter. Moreover garage door repair Woodstock ga is a garage door repair company that fulfil the the customer requirements.

    ReplyDelete