Thursday, December 9, 2010

Angry Birds Plush

My husband LOVES Angry Birds (played on his phone)...and to be honest, I love it too.  I'm almost as far as him in the levels.  And this game is one of my 2 year old's favorite ones to play when I need to keep him quiet - like in the doctor office yesterday.  Basically, you slingshot the birds to destroy structures and the pigs (who stole the bird's eggs - that's why they're angry).

After seeing this idea on Obsessively Stitching a few days ago, I knew I needed to make one for my husband for Christmas.  She's working on patterns for the other variations of birds and pigs as well, so I'm looking forward to those!

It was really easy to make.  My only struggle was sewing on the beak - I had a hard time getting the needle in and out.  If I make more, I might try sewing on the beak before stuffing the ball part - but then it might get distorted if I do it that way, but it's worth a try since I just couldn't get it to work good.  I love how it turned out though.

3 comments:

  1. How cute!!! I bet he's going to get such a kick out of it. We love Angry Birds too. My 8 year old is sooo much better than my husband and I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time try using a curved needle. It makes tight spots like that easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a love/hate relationship with that darn game! My husband can't get enough. Love what you made - hilarious! Hope your husband loves it.

    ReplyDelete