Wednesday, January 5, 2011

freezer paper stenciling

It's always hard to think of something to do that's crafty for a guy. . . but I was able to come up with a couple freezer paper stencil ideas for my father-in-law and my brother-in-law.

This one was for my father-in-law's 60th birthday . . . I drew an abacus and cut it with my cricut on freezer paper.  The orange paint looks quite neon in the picture but I promise it wasn't that bright.

This one I made for my brother-in-law for Christmas.  It was tricky to draw a cassette tape and then try and make it not flat and boring.  I'm impatient, so instead of waiting for the paint to dry so I could do the next color, I used my blow dryer to speed up the dry time (worked great!!)


7 comments:

  1. I love them! Especially the cassette tape one. I have a really nice diaper cover for my son w/ tapes on it that I love too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some awesome designs!

    Don't you just LOVE freezer paper stenciling! I can't wait to try it with my Silhouette--- I bet it's faster with a machine! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design! I'll try paper stenciling...
    Sherman Unkefer

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow so cool! COULD YOU MAKE IT FOR ALEX TOO?
    he'd love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm one of your new followers I love this idea some guys are so hard to think of gifts for! check out my blog at http://mycreativeholidays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete