Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Crocheted Shamrock Hair Clip

I saw a tutorial for a crocheted shamrock garland and thought I could alter the idea and turn it into a single shamrock for a hair clip.  I made 3 of them using different hook sizes and they ended up being about 1.25 - 1.75 inches across.  My favorite was with the "G" hook.  It looked cute in my daughter's hair (actually in her headband since she has a lack of hair at the moment).  The other 2 went to my nieces.  My flash wasn't cooperating, but this yarn was an apple green color, not as neon as the pic looks.
I'm quite new to the crochet world, but this shamrock was easy to make.  I've tried the flowers and hearts that are out there in blog land, and this was by far the easiest I've come across yet.  I still can't get my hearts to look like hearts. :)

1 comment:

  1. CUTE! I just used the exact same pattern to make a shamrock hair clip for my daughter! I like your green though...mine is a bright Kelly green. Great job!

    Amy
    sittingatourkitchentable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete