Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Felt Fun

Here are a few things I've made with felt for the Christmas decorations or presents

Holly Garland - I just drew my own holly leaf onto freezer paper and traced a quarter for the red berries.  Then I sewed it in a chain.  I love the simple, but classic touch it adds to the mirror in the entry way.
Felt fish and fishing pole - pattern and tutorial here.  I made a pole for each of my kids, but I'm not sure how long they will last until they start hitting eachother with them.  So this may be a supervised toy.
Animal masks - I saw this idea and this idea and decided to make my own.  The ones on etsy are adorable, but there was no way I was going to pay over $50 for a few masks I could make out of supplies I already have at home.  These are for my son (except for the pink owl - that's for my daughter).  I thought the owls looked fancier with the embroidering - which took a loooooong time.  I'm not going to post the patterns I made or a tutorial since I this is a knock-off from someone who is selling them. 


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these are just adorable. I wish there was a tutorial for these. How did you determine the size for the masks? LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I don't comment often but love your blog and ideas.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these! You're right about the fishing poles. My little bug will be hitting the dog, definantly a supervised toy... =) I also love the holly garland, so simple yet adds so much. I'll have to make one for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those masks really are adorable and I think that the embroidery on the owls really makes them.

    ReplyDelete