Monday, June 4, 2012

Nautical Pillow

I'm in the process of switching my son's room to a Nautical theme.  Here's a cover I made for a throw pillow to go on his bed.

I like to make the envelope style of covers so that I can change them out when my decorating mood changes.  I've been using this tutorial for a few years.

I did do a few things to add detail:
     * I added piping around the edges - sewn onto the pillow front, then clipped the corners of the piping while sewing so that it would curve better...then sewed on the back pieces
     * I added a vertical stripe and an anchor applique by freezer paper stenciling it onto the fabric


I found this sailboat home dec fabric when I was in Portland a couple weeks ago at Fabric Depot.  It's a good thing I don't live in Portland - our fridge would be empty in order to buy all the cute fabric there.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you sewed that up fast! It turned out great. Love the applique and the piping. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome pillow! Love the Nautical.

    ReplyDelete