Friday, September 21, 2012

Chore Sticks

I found these cute chore sticks.  You print out the files from her blog, cut and glue them to jumbo craft sticks.  I made these with some friends, so that helps to have people to talk to while cutting, and cutting, and cutting.  I found the clear jar at Wal-Mart in the kitchen area.  Then I just made a label out of vinyl.

I didn't end up wanting/needing all the chores, so I would suggest that you print out the files (I didn't want to cut and glue the blank ones for the back of the sticks, so I didn't print those pages) and mark off to the side which ones you want and count them up.  That will let you know how many craft sticks to buy.  For example, the files have chores for 3 different bathrooms (master, guest, and kids).  I only have 2 bathrooms in my house, so we didn't need the 3rd set. 

My kids are 2 and 4, so they can't do the majority of these.  But to get them excited, I have them each pick a stick or two and either I do it alone, or they help me - depending on the task.  Or I say "it says to clean up your room" when it really said to "wash windows" so that I can have them clean or keep busy...they can't read yet, so I can get away with a little fib for now.   :)  For some reason, they are happy about cleaning their rooms if the chore stick told them to.

1 comment:

  1. awesome idea, though my kids are 9 and 13 so i guess they won't be that excited about it :D

    ReplyDelete